Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Road trip

It's nice to discover what America has to offer. Colonial Williamsburg is a wonderful place to explore our history. I loved the architecture. One of the neatest examples of early season gardening was this gem here. Willow woven to enclose hay insulation around a simple cold frame. The paned windows went back on at night.


The master gardener was just putting in the herb garden. Notice the willow trellis - simple, functional, and lovely.


Even utilitarian items had quilt designs.



And so as not to disappoint, here's Dolly looking cute and adorable as always.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

5 comments:

Susan Tidwell said...

looks like fun!

Carol said...

Could she possibly be any cuter? I don't think so!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh...you're weather looks so wonderful. We had more snow and ice over night. So much so, that schools closed. Oh well...it can't last forever...or can it? Give Dolly a big squeeze for me. She's so adorable!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable!!!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I went to Williamsburg once on vacation. Lots of fun stuff to look at. People were very creative back then for the very sake of survival. I was just at Home Depot and amazed that they were charging $20 for little seed starter containers! Cheers! Evelyn