Let me warn ya, it's a very dangerous place. Especially if you wander down the craft book aisle. Not only did they have 652 bujillion cook books (none of which I purchased, as I'd rather quilt than cook) . . . they also had enough quilt books to fill the trunk of a 1957 Plymouth. All at half price or less, usually less.
And yes, this is the original edition (published in 1933) of Rose Kretzinger's book. A true treasure indeed.
They also have music CDs, movies, books on tape, books on CD, and of course children's books.
I took books to trade and got over $22.00 in store credit. You can bet I'll be going back, as their inventory changes daily.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
7 comments:
Its like as well as the old books, they have new ones too. I do enjoy a poke around a good used book store.
What treasures!!!! I love old book stores... I just get lost in the shelves....I even love the musty smell...just can't find that in a Kindle......
What a awesome selection you chose!
I'm so thrilled for you that you found so many truly wonderful, affordable treasures.(I've been reading your blog for a while, but didn't realize you lived close to Chattanooga; I used to live in Cleveland.)I hope you enjoy that wonderful Rose Kretsinger book for as long as it has already been in existence!
The perfect winter weekend day would be to spend a whole afternoon wrapped in a quilt while reading these wonderful books!
WOW! What great finds! I love browsing in book stores.
Wow what a great find! (or finds) Enjoy your new books.
Post a Comment