The day is cloudy and gray making it difficult to get a good photo, but I couldn't wait to share.
By delving into 4 baggies and re-thinking blocks started for other quilts, sections assembled for borders for other quilts, and various HST's and 4-patches cut down to 2-1/2 inches, I came up with this. Of course, having an odd assortment of muslin pieces in my muslin bin helped. Everything was starched well, making cutting and assembly much easier.
Size of 16-patch blocks after trimming: 8-1/4". Size of muslin pieces: 3-1/2 x 8-1/4. Size of 4-patch corners: 3-1/2". Size of quilt: Around 78 x 67, perfect for snuggling on a cold, gray winter's day.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
7 comments:
Very pretty and scrappy - just what I like in a quilt!
Although I did a doubletake when I first saw the title of your post. At first I thought it said "Back to bagpipes". LOL
How's Dolly?
How wonderfully fun! I always love when you get in those baggies...did Dolly help?
Nothing better than a scrap quilt and yours is beautiful!
love this one, so cheerful, great for these gloomy winter days!
Very nice, I love the interest the HST add to this.
Very very nice quilt!
Lovely scrappy quilt. You really accomplished a lot!
Post a Comment