Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas Quilt Show


This sawtooth (made in 2003) is my Christmas submission for the quilt show going on over at Sew Cal Gal. (Say that 3 times fast!)

I've yet to hang up my fall quilt display and am considering jumping right into Christmas instead. For the first time in 25 years, all of my xmas decorations are in one place.

Also this year will be the first time I'll be able to have my own live tree. I'm going to buy a plantable one and enjoy seeing it grow.

Can we get an Amen / Hallelujah from the choir on that one please?

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

24 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

How about a Whoo hooo! I plan to post tonight...I have similar quilt!

Carol said...

What a beautiful quilt! Hmmmm, I wonder what Miss Dolly will think about tree in the house. LOL!

pwl said...

I've got the Hallelujah chorus going through my head for you. :-)

Meredith said...

That is a very pretty quilt!

Teresa F. said...

Very nice quilt.love it.

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

Very pretty and rather calming....Thanks for sharing it with us :-)

Lois said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Love Lois

Linda in Arkansas said...

Oh this is one pretty quilt!! And such wonderful piecing and quilting!! WhooHoo!!

Melanie said...

Amazing how two solid colors pieced together make a stunning piece. It looks like it belongs in a museum. I'm impressed-- with the quilt--not you...I already knew how talented you were......

Joanna said...

It's great. Very simple and beautiful.

Nanbon44 said...

thank you for sharing your lovely quilt

Carol said...

Pretty. I like two color quilts.

Plant a live christmas tree - go for it. They look great each year with twinkly lights on them but you better invest in a good, long, step ladder :)

Karen said...

Love your quilt.
It is stunning in the Christmas colours!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love it! You've posted this before right? I really love it!

Teresa said...

Simply beautiful!

QuiltSue said...

What a wonderful quilt.

Anonymous said...

WOW...a beauty!!!! Dolly is so darned adorable!!

Nina Marie said...

Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah. . .Amen!! Way to go!!! Gorgeous!

Nancy Sue said...

Love the sawtooth's :) Thank you for getting a plantable tree. It was our family tradition for over 20 years to plant our Christmas tree. Most memorable Christmas is my dad getting a hernia as we were getting the tree out of truck of the 72 Chrysler. Now they have small root balls/bails on them. Thank goodness!Thank you again for sharing your wonderful quilt with us!

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful Sawtooth Quilt. Thanks for sharing in the Christmas Quilt Show. I do hope you are also having fun viewing all the other beautiful quilt entries in this show too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Elaine Adair said...

Amen / Hallelujah !!

That is one gorgeous quilt! Congrats to you for accomplishing your goals. 8-))

Quiltbenaco said...

Che bella trapunta!
Grazie
Ciao Domenica

Kim said...

Your sawtooth star is beautiful.

Regina said...

It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing it.