Wednesday, October 13, 2010

From 1936 to 4087

Finished in 2000, this Boston Commons variation is made up entirely of 2" squares. (44 x 44 squares)

Since then, I've been collecting colors for my next one, which of course will be bigger by over 2000 pieces. (61 x 67 squares)

House painting has been delayed by my bronchitis and thus I've had time to sew. Here are some of the sections for my queen-size version. When the design wall finally goes up, I'll be able to start laying it out.

If you have ever wanted to play with every single color you own, I recommend this pattern, in either size.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

11 comments:

Floss said...

I was thinking I should start a leaders and ender project. I think this will be perfect.

Christie said...

How fun! The quilt looks great hanging there. Did you cut just one square from every single fabric you own? What a great "scrapbook" (or should I say, "scrapquilt) of your quilting projects. Hope you get over your bronchitis, iti's not fun! HUGS... and stitches

~Joan said...

Aaahh 1936...I get it. The setting for your quilt with the little table and landing and all--it just works. Lovely. Did you quilt it yourself? Just curious as I'm starting to quilt some of my older tops.

~Joan

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Sorry to hear about the bronchitis, but thrilled to hear that you're getting in some sewing time. You've been working too hard! Enjoy and heal fast!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow! I just went to the Dr yesterday for antibiotics for a sinus infection - it is that time of year!

Lindah said...

"play with every single color I own" is a scarey concept. I like just about every color I see so I have lots of scraps of ALL different kinds of colors. I'm fairly fearless with combinations in scrap quilts, but I have to keep beating down the OCD. %-\ Your quilt is really nice. You worried more about contrast than color, right? And it all worked out beautifully. Now, did you strip piece, or did you really do square by square? I have a big bunch of little squares and a lot lot of single square sized scraps. I don't like working with leaders/enders. Would I loose my sanity sewing all those squares together? Again, beautiful quilt.

Elaine Adair said...

Wow - that's a beauty!

Pam said...

Boy that will be a big quilt when it is finished - that is a heck of a pile of squares! Great quilt though - I can see the attraction of doing one.

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Donna said...

For those of us who actually would like to play with every single color we own, where would we find a pattern?

Donna D., Hemet, CA
ladynredd2003@yahoo.com

pwl said...

I love your quilt, and I have a whole lot of 2" squares. Now I have to seek out the pattern. Thank you!
And please give Dolly scritches for me.

scraphappy said...

What a great quilt, and a great way to use up LOTS of squares. Glad you were able to get in some sewing time. Hope you are feeling better soon though.