Friday, November 6, 2009

Meanderings

Even though the heavy amount of rain managed to bring the leaves down faster this year . . .

There are still some great shots waiting to be discovered.

The news coverage on the Fort Hood attack in Texas and now the shooting in Orlando, Florida today have me wondering why so much violence is going on, again. You know I usually don't comment on national events, preferring to focus on the joys of quilting and the beauty of this area. However, at this time, I'd like to offer my sincere condolences to the family and friends touched by the tragedies.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sat is disbelief. My DH was military 23+ years deployed during Operation Desert Shield/Storm, Kuwait, Saudi and Iraq numerous times. To imagine something on our own soil from one of our own is unbelievable!
Great photography....I can easily lose thought and just enjoy being on that dock.

Carol said...

I'm still in shock...in both cases those people were in a place that they thought they were safe.
What a beautiful, serene dock. Some hand sewing or a good book and that dock and the world could go away for a while.