I thought I'd share one of my all-time favorite pie recipes which I've been making for years. This can be made a few days ahead, placed in the freezer, and defrosted 10 minutes before serving.
Is it good you ask? Well let me tell ya, you'll probably need to make 2!
***************
Chocolate Cream Pie
1 package ( 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
1/3 cup milk
8 ounce container non-dairy whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed *
8 or 9 inch graham cracker or chocolate cookie pie crust (Keebler)
Combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in small mixing bowl until blended. Add cocoa alternatively with milk, beating until smooth. Gradually add and "fold in" whipped topping until well combined. Spoon into pie shell.
Clean the label off the pie crust cover, invert and cover pie, crimp edges of foil around lid, and freeze until firm.
* 2 cups heavy cream and 1/4 cup sugar can be substituted for the whipped topping.
Enjoy!
2 comments:
YUMMERS! I'll be making that for the kids...thank you for sharing...Katie will flip!
Yum! It's days like this I wish I weren't diabetic. Oh - wait a minute - that's every day. Hmmm....
Post a Comment