Friday, September 4, 2009

A few pics from class

The class on reproducing Pennsylvania Dutch quilts was coordinated through the Packwood House Museum and was taught at a very nice facility just down the road, The Country Cupboard. Above is the sampler the teacher made using blocks from original antique quilts, some of which could be viewed at the museum.

Here is a lovely antique quilt owned by the teacher.

This example was brought in by a student, however, I cannot recall the date applied to it.

Ditto for this one.
You know how classes get so busy it's hard to take everything in, especially when you're about to rush out the door to your next destination 2 hours away. It would have been much nicer if we could have spent the entire weekend taking several of the classes offered and having a leisurely tour of the museum. However, our schedule was jam packed and I'll share more of what we saw during our tour through PA in the coming days.
Meanwhile, I'm very busy preparing to move, clean, paint, etc., so stay tuned.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

4 comments:

Pam said...

Oh - I love all those blocks in the first quilt - great sampler. Such amazing colours - the greens and pinks and cheddars. Fabulous fabric.
Looking forward to seeing more from your trip.

Tonya Ricucci said...

that teacher's sampler is great - love the arrangement of blocks. sound like fun.

YankeeQuilter said...

I love how wild the colorways can get up in PA..pinks with reds and yellows...how fun!

Good luck with all the moving "stuff!"

antique quilter said...

beautiful quilts oh you must have had so much fun!
what wonderful memories you will always have of this trip
Kathie