Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The 6000 acre park

of Gettysburg can be seen by car or bus.

We took the guided bus tour and stopped by key monuments.

The guide explained to us where specific troops were located . . .

As well as generals . . .

And that each monument was donated by the veterans groups of each state where the troops originated from.

It truly is an awesome site, especially when you consider how many gave their lives fighting for their beliefs.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was fortunate enough to visit Gettysburg while in DC in May for the Ride to the Wall. What an amazing little town so full of history. We did a bus tour from Dc there and back so we weren't able to see any of the town except by bus but next time I'll drive there and explore.
I wasn't a quilter then (just barely one now!) but I can't wait to go exploring for quilt shops and maybe some long ago quilts.