Saturday, July 18, 2009

Searching for sashing . . .

. . . . . ideas.


Any suggestions?

22 comments:

~Joan said...

At first glance, black, navy, or non-Amish-y cream.

~Joan

Joyce said...

How about black. I always like black to outline bright colors.

Paula, the quilter said...

Is sashing necessary for this quilt? I kind of like the way the cheddar forms a design and the strip piecing makes me want to get in closer. JMHO.

Anonymous said...

How about a Dark blue solid? Heck, your a pretty good judge of this bright vibrant quilts....who am I to give advice.

Ruth said...

How about black? with red in the corners.

Kristin said...

Hi - this is going to be beautiful! I wonder if you even need sashing. The cheddar-colored "X's" pack such a graphic punch on their own that they may not be needed. Love the cheddar!

Cheryl Willis said...

I like the left side with out a sashing. Have you consided setting the units together and then make up the difference with borders? cw

pwl said...

Yikes. Now that's a challenge! I like that purplish batik you've got in there - and I also sort of like the gray - but maybe a bit darker (the gray, that is)? Or why not try a solid dark? Navy blue or black?

Jeanne said...

Teal is the first thing that pops into my mind.
Jeanne

YankeeQuilter said...

I sort of like it without sashing...let the orange stripes meet. like the blocks.

*karendianne. said...

Great blocks. Really really great blocks. I luv them!!! As far as a sashing idea - essentially I'm offering up black. ;)

grammilou said...

You've got lots of choice. My first idea was black, and then no sashing at all, just let the orange stripes meet. Teal, suggested by Jeanne, would really make it vibrant. Try a few and see what grabs you!

Barb said...

I was wondering why sashing?? It looks great without it???

Gari in AL said...

If it were me, I think I would use the same cheddar as in the X's, but then I really like orange.

Lynn E said...

I Think a dark purple with the orange and red would look great. They are right next to each other on the color wheel.

Tracey in CT said...

Navy, the complement of orange ;-)
I might be tempted to try a red, too.

Mary Johnson said...

I think I'd look at a dark blue as someone suggested but without seeing it I'm not sure I'd actually go with it. Will be interesting to see what you come up with.

Unknown said...

D'you know looking at it on the design wall I reckon white/pale cream thin sashing with red cornerstones to match the block centres

MARCIE said...

Wow, quite the powerful quilt. I personally would go with a light blue-aqua-teal type color to complement and cool the cheddar. Maybe stay with the red centers. This has such a vintage look!

Anonymous said...

how about the red that in the
center of the X

Dorothy said...

I agree with Paula and Barb, i.e. no sashing. I like the secondary design formed by the cheddar fabric.

Deb said...

At first glance? Aqua/turquoise came immediately to mind. Then I read the other comments and thought that the orange, as is, DOES look really great. Either way you go will be gorgeous. But, the outcome would be two totally different quilts. It's all about choices, isn't it?? Good luck with the quilt. Don't forget to post a picture of the final decision!!