Saturday, June 6, 2009

Another never ending story

This little ditty was begun about 7 years ago. It was assembled, pinned and quilted about one-fourth of the way. Then I got scared and took it apart down to the quilt top. Whereupon I replaced a few blocks.


Once again, I assembled and pinned it, but took another look and worried some more. So I took it all apart. And replaced more blocks.

You can see where some of the quilting lines are drawn in.

Why all the work? Some of you may remember a Springmaid brand black that literally disintegrated in the wash. I owned some, but was not sure which was used where in the quilt. So I removed any questionable black. Finally, I think it's ready to be finished. Let's hope those marking lines come out.

On a side note, thanks to all of you who left messages regarding my dearest pal. As always, your kind thoughts and words were most appreciated.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

15 comments:

Carol said...

It's dynamite!

pwl said...

That is stunning! Your work is always so lovely!

Melanie said...

there's definitely a black and red quilt in my future... I love those colors together... beautiful...

YankeeQuilter said...

I remember that fabric...it was around the time that so many blacks turned a dark sort of mottled purple after washing too. (I have several of those....)

Beautiful quilt!

MARCIE said...

Your quilt looks fabulous hanging on the line! It is stunning!

Gari in AL said...

I never heard about disintigrating fabric: how awful. The quilt is beautiful, I hope all is well with it.

Anonymous said...

Awesome quilt! My son would just adore something like that (dare not let him see or he'll be asking me for one!).

Knot Garden said...

Absolutely stunning quilt, and beautiful photos.

Floss said...

This looks stunning, let’s hope all the disintegrating fabric is gone.

Sorry to hear about you pal, I understand what a blessing pets can be in our life, and know how much he will be missed.

*karendianne. said...

Wow! This is simply spectacular. I dig it!

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely quilt - I really like the black with stars.

Rose Marie said...

This is stunning and hopefuly all the worrisome fabric is gone.

Tonya Ricucci said...

lovely quilt. I definitely remember that stinking black disintegrating fabric!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow! This is stunning! Just catching up from my whirlwind of a life these days! I feel like I"ve lost touch with such good friends, it is nice to check in with some again!

Anonymous said...

I'm back for another visit...where oh where are you?