Monday, December 1, 2008

An ounce of prevention . . .

. . . is worth a pound of cure.

Back in the days when I typed ER reports, winter often produced a list of casualties. A small patch of ice on the porch or driveway and a newspaper waiting to be retrieved could be a lethal combination, especially for those over 70.

If you keep a small box of rock salt handy and sprinkle just a bit on your steps, porch, or driveway, you may save yourself a trip to the doctor. And if you have an elderly neighbor, why not buy one for them also. For under $2.00, it's an easy gift to give.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

4 comments:

Idaho Quilter said...

Good idea, I have several elderly neighbors, Not so young myself...

Kim said...

OM Goodness! My fil used to do that all the time with kosher salt. I have a box on the dryer by the back door for that very reason.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Huh, I never noticed ice cream salt before.... Now you have me curious if it is there in the store and I just never paid attention!

Brenda said...

Great idea for sharing and making walkways safer and a great smile you will receive from a neighbor who you share with.