My good buddy Suzy teaches at the local college, but also creates incredible water colors. This photo does not begin to display how lovely her paintings are. To see more of her work in much better lighting please visit ArtBySuzy.
This grinning gal is Katrina, a metal smith who works primarily in copper. In the background you can see her wonderful moose pins. She also does great fish and other whimsical creatures.
Chuck and Peggy are long time residents of the area. Each of these baskets is made by starting with a tree. They are indeed beautiful and extremely labor intensive. Chuck is also a bladesmith and makes damascus steel knives.
As you can see, Lee and Doug of Birdfoot Ridge Studio are potters. It would take an entire page to describe their lovely work. You can contact them at birdfootridge@wmconnect.com
This smiling trio includes Elmer, Lynda, and Joel, blacksmiths who forge hot metal into phenomenal patterns and make it look easy. Their designs rival anything I saw in Europe. Besides the hand forged tools, they also do such things as custom gates and fencing. Unless you've ever wielded a hammer over a hot flame, you cannot imagine the work that goes in to these pieces. I'm always amazed at what they create.If you are interested in learning more about the work shown above and need to contact any of the artisans, feel free to e-mail me.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
5 comments:
Oh how cool! I would love to go see their stuff! I love that watercolor she is holding! Everything looked great. I think I could spend quite a bit of money - probably a good thing I don't live there!
I'm jealous! What a great day you had! I'm constantly amazed by such artistic talent.
Looks like you had a fun day!
love thoses baskets, is that where you got yours?
What a great exhibit! I would be so tempted by that pottery...and the watercolors...and the...oh, everything!
Post a Comment