Thursday, December 11, 2008

The 5-minute Christmas tree

Open box, insert little lights, plug in . . . done. (I know this is cheating, but there isn't enough room for anything bigger.)

Thought for the day: When washing xmas quilt, hang on a level clothesline or it will dry katywampus and take all of this December to straighten out.

Ahh yes, this red and white has to be one of my all time favorites.

Of course, I just have to show off my BEAUTIFUL table runner that Pam made for me last year in our Christmas swap. My sleigh finally came out of the box also. I don't think I've seen it since 1999. It was purchased at a craft fair in Georgia many years ago and is one of my favorite pieces.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

8 comments:

Finn said...

Everything is looking very festive, and you are already at least 3 jumps ahead of me...LOL
I'm having a harding finding that old Christmas spirit this year. Love the red and white quilt and that red one is pretty terrific also! Hugs, Finn

Kim said...

all very lovely -

Susan Tidwell said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Katywampus! Love that word.

Have a great weekend!

Stephanie D said...

Love your 5-minute tree! lol Want to make it a 1-minute tree? Glue the lights in the holes. Works for me!

That little sleigh is just beautiful!

Paula, the quilter said...

If I could get away with a 5-minute tree I would do it, but CarGuy would never let me live it down. It took me years to wean him from a real tree to an artificial tree. I have slowly been working on the size: we now have a 3 ft tree. Baby steps, Paula, baby steps.

YankeeQuilter said...

Great Christmas quilts! I thought I had scaled back with my little 2 foot artificial tree this year but your little 5-minute tree has it beat by a mile!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh man! I LOVE that red quitl! And my mom had a ceramic light up xmas tree like that!

Rose Marie said...

Lovely quilts and, you don't need a big tree when you have those quilts on your walls! Love that sleigh.