Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Small squares, BIG impact.

Some quilts need to evolve over time. Not because there are other quilts to make (well okay, maybe a little), but collecting a variety of colors does not happen overnight. The bright yellow square is from the 1970s and in the second row, on the right, is a small flowered print with black background that was left over from an Easter outfit I made in 1979.
Bit by bit, block units have been sewn together over time and were tucked away in a box . . . or 2. Recently I decided it's time to begin my next American chain quilt. Oh the excitment of seeing it all come together. Finally.

4 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I like this kind of quilt. (Too bad my background was too madium. the whole effect was rather muddy.) I donated it to charity & hopefully a tall guy is using it. (I made it extra long.)

Sara said...

That looks great! I will have to see what I have available to make something similiar! I am sure I have plenty of scraps, I never throw anything away!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!

Another tangent for me to wander down!

I mean ... given enough time, I bet I could make sumpthun like this!

Very nice work ... congrats!

Lynn E said...

You know that your quilts have life in them if you can still remember the bits and where they came from. Enjoy the journey