Quilters know that the best things in life are shared, and this recipe is no exception. Finish with your favorite pie filling and you'll have a winner every time. Blue Ribbon Pie Crust
5 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/4 teasp. salt
1 teasp. baking powder
2-1/2 cups shortening (Crisco)
1 teasp. vinegar
1 egg
Combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Cut in shortening until mixture has a cornmeal texture.
In a 1-cup measure beat together vinegar and egg. Fill to 1 cup with cold water. Pour into flour mixture and work in to mix. (Dough will be soft and sticky.)
Divide dough in to 4 or 5 parts (I like 4 best). In between 2 sheets of waxed paper that have been floured, roll out to 1/8-inch thickness. Peel off waxed paper and put into lightly floured pie pans.
For pies requiring baked pie shells, press a piece of aluminum foil against the pie shell in pan.
Bake at 425 degrees for 6 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake another 12 minutes. Cool completely.
Variation: After dividing dough, wrap unused portions in wax paper or freezer wrap, place in Zip-lock and refrigerate or freeze. This recipe keeps for 3-4 days in the fridge. When ready to use, thaw, and roll out.
(The quiche recipe - shown above - is already posted in my blog under recipes - Ham and Egg Pie.) Enjoy :)
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
3 comments:
YUMMER, YUMMER, YUMMERS!!!!!!!!!
Those look absolutely delicious.
Yum is right Carol!! Have fork, will travel *VBS* I have that book too, a gal from our local guild managed to get a recipe accepted for it.
I've added you to the challenge list! Have fun and keep stitchin'. Hugs, Finn
I will be giving it a try! Love your quilt below such astounding colors! I have added you to my favorites spot. I enjoy reading blogs and yours seems fun.
Post a Comment