It was about 11 or 12 years ago, on a flight back from San Diego, that I noticed a lady in the aisle ahead quilting. Being of a curious nature, I simply had to introduce myself and inquire about her project. And, as usual, I wanted to clarify that said quilter was using the proper batting . . . cotton (of course). Believe it or not, at that time, not everyone knew it existed. To make a long story longer, my new quilting pal was heading back to her family in Florida and I back to my very hectic schedule of working full time and teaching pretty much full time. BUT, somehow we managed to keep in touch through all the years and all of the moves. Amazing isn't it, but aren't quilters like that everywhere? No matter what local, what project, or what language, quilting crosses every boundary.
Now I just discovered that my quiltin' pal, Mrs. Kate is having a contest. She is a folk singer and is offering one of her CDs for free. Just stop by her web site at Mrs.Kate and enter to win. Tell her San sent ya. She'll know who you are, a quilter from just across the aisle.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
2 comments:
Not only are you an amazingly talented quilter, but you do have such a way with words. I love "how" you write an idea in words. "A quilter from just across the aisle"! Wonderful line!
Regina
I'll hop right on over there and what a pleasure to have a friend for so long!
Post a Comment