Friday, June 6, 2008

Quilter's Candy

My order arrived from Connecting Threads. As far as I can tell, individual spools only go on sale once a year. These were $1.59 for 1200 yards. That's a 41 cent savings per spool. This is a low lint thread that allows you to clean your feed dogs and bobbin casing less often. It is 50 weight, which makes it perfect for piecing; however, I've begun using it on the back of my quilts since the quality is so high. (Usually 40 weight is recommended for quilting.)

If you're not sure what color to get, stick with the basics such as light gray, white, and beige. You'll love it, I promise!

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

9 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Oh shoot, I'll be right over when the weather breaks...

Heated with Love, *karendianne.

Carol said...

I've never used their thread...It looks like you really like it a lot. Do you piece with it or do you use it for quilting?

Elaine Adair said...

I just noticed in the catalog the thread was $1.79 for the large spools! That IS a bargain. I use the thread almost all the time.

I noticed the last catalog had a LOT of their fabric (bought that too, it's good!), but not so many gadgets/notions. Love their catalog.

Kim said...

Oh I love their thread and am starting to run low on piecing colors and I need one for my blue /green ocean waves....thanks for the heads up.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Love your bowlful of thread...who needs cherries to be happy? This will make some mighty fine quilts!

Dawn said...

Oh, rats. How did I miss that great sale at Connecting Threads?? Thanks for the heads up on the low-lint & super quality of this thread.

Anonymous said...

I've never used their thread. I guess I'll have to trot on over and check it out now.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You should get some sort of kickback. I just loaded up. How long will it take to use up 80 bucks worth of new thread? I bet not that long. Thanks for the heads up on the sale.
Regina

Diane said...

I use this thread for piecing. A few weeks ago I did not have a thread color I liked so I tried using their varigated thread on my machine quilting frame. It worked great.