Despite yesterday's snow flurries and a low of 27 degrees
My peonies declare that winter is ending.
Along with the lilacs and hydrangea.
Yard work has commenced with clearing of the north 40
and most of the west 40. I still have to rake and burn the south west corner where the tall grass and volunteer pine trees now reside.
As soon as weather permits, we'll burn the front briar patch. You may recall I've been fighting this battle for several years. It must be done before it turns warm. Hopefully next week I'll be able to put the greenhouse up.
How are your spring plans coming along? Would anyone in the USA like to exchange a few seeds? I'm particularly interested in trying some new herbs and flowers. There are cantaloupe and pepper seeds in my fridge to exchange.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .


1 comment:
Looks so great - I hope that spring is really here ;-) We started some of our seedlings - The men love tomatos so I have a feeling there may be a million of those - ha ha
Post a Comment