Saturday, January 13, 2018

Oh baby, it's cold outside!

 The wind chill is 19.  I've taken hot water out to the birds twice so far today.  And some fresh peanut butter.
Sixteen days is a long time for me to be ill,
  . . . but quiet stitching time ensued, allowing me to finish the binding on the 1993 pineapple.
The potato soup, home made bread, and chocolate chip cookies are ready.  Now it's time for a bit of sewing with Dolly in her favorite spot right behind my sewing machine.

If you have to be out and about in this brrrr chilly weather, please dress warmly and carry an emergency kit in your car.

Oh, and of course, check on all of your outside critters.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

I hope you are feeling better. The pineapple quilt is beautiful! I have only been going to work and church while it's been so cold. I don't so cold well! Stay warm.

Nancy said...

Oh, 16 days is a very long time to be ill! I hope you're on the mend and will be back to full speed very soon. That's a beautiful quilt you finished. I love the photo of Dolly with her crossed paws. Our Airedale Hannah does the same thing. It makes me laugh, probably because it seems like such a human trait. Stay warm! (Here in Ohio we're at 14 degrees and haven't been above 15 today. I think the low was 7 or 8 this morning. Cold, cold, cold.)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That Pineapple is gorgeous!! Potato soup sounds great - hope you are healed QUICK!!

Jennie in GA said...

Glad you are finally on the mend. Your quilt is wonderful.

Quilttiger said...

Your pineapple is gorgeous! Stay warm!