After opening up my mom's dining room table and covering it with her Christmas tablecloth, I decided there needed to be a table runner to fit the center.
I began with an 8-1/2" square surrounded by 1" strips of solid green.
Then added 2" strips . . .
solid green squares using the French braid method.
A lighter 2" strip . . .
Adding cut 13-1/4" long strips and more solid green 2" squares.
Trimming as I went.
The variations are endless. You can start with a smaller center square for a more narrow runner. Right now this one measures 18" wide.
I could trim the sides to make it more narrow, or I could have used 1-3/4" strips instead of 2".
But this size will work for the center of the table. Limiting coordinated fabric to 4 simplifies the process and looks better overall.
Here's Dolly after our big walk this morning, happy to be snug and warm while mom sews.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .





2 comments:
This is a lovely way to use Christmas fabric too pretty to cut up!
Great tutorial!! Does Dolly live in the house?
Post a Comment