Friday, November 18, 2016

I walked into Lowe's last night . ..


to return a few items and the customer service reps were talking politics.  There's a phrase used in the South, "hepped up."  Not sure where the slang originated, but it perfectly describes the mood around here lately.  Loosely, it interprets as being extra excited or incensed about.

What would happen if instead of turning on the TV, parents took their kids to a ball game or the park.

What would happen if everyone in the nation turned off their phones and facebook and took the dog for a walk.  (If you don't have a dog you can borrow Dolly.)

What would happen if we as a nation simply shut down all of this instant, and I must say often negative information, and let it go for a bit.

Thanks / giving is coming.  So I vote for giving and thanking.

How about you?

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

3 comments:

Aunt Mimi said...

You're right. I rarely take my phone when I go outside. My grandson & I play when he visits although we have little space inside but we play outside. Swinging, sand & water table, water the plants in the greenhouse, or walk around the gardens. We have flower gardens, vegetables, & fruit. We do watch toy reviews on You Tube. It's how I get ideas how to set up his race track for his little cars. Our next project is to build a marble run. I have other grands who have no idea what a "pine needle" play house is. My daughter would rake pine needles & make "walls" using the needles like a pencil drawing on paper. Kids need to know how to use their imaginations.

Since the weather is changing this weekend in some areas, build a tent with the kids. Tell them a story. We may not have a tomorrow. We never know.

Jeanne said...

Amen!!!!

Winding Ways said...

I vote for giving and thanking and bunnies.