Monday, October 31, 2016

Trick or treat . . .

or is it Thanksgiving, perhaps Christmas.  Any minute now I expect the big box store to put out Valentine cards.  Does anyone else see a problem in this "rush the holidays" marketing mentality.  Sheesh.
 Thank goodness I live in the country.  For the most part, the holiday hoopla passes me by.
 There is some color in the woods, a lot of which is brown.  We need rain badly.
 Unexpectedly off today, I managed to finish painting the porch glider.  It's been a 2-week project.  Dolly chewed on it first, then the bunnies.  Intensive sanding took out the bumps.
The joints are glued, sanding and painting come next.  Then I can move on to the next refinish-it projects.  Thanks to these 70-80 degree days, Dolly and I are getting a lot of porch time in.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

No comments: