Friday, August 19, 2016

Actually Watson, "it's all in the details."

Every 2" square has a story . . .

 The more you have, the more interest is added.
 Can you date the brown print with the fern in the middle?
Or how about this tiny calico?
 As Sherlock would say, details keep things interesting.
 This weekend's project will include Fall colors.  Oh yes indeed-y.
And a porch bath for the wee pup . . . always an adventure.

We sure hope your weekend is full of sew-time.  After all, there's no business like Sew Business . . .

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

9 comments:

Carolyn said...

I don't know the brown, but I believe I have a bit of the green with the pine needles and berries that's next to it in my stash. I think I bought it before we left NY to move back to NJ and that was 16 years ago, so it's well aged at this point! I love this quilt, such fun! I'm enjoying seeing you being so productive, I'm glad one of us is! :o)

Quilttiger said...

Love the quilt! Is this in addition to the big one you have been doing?

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh that is fantastic!!! and no - I can't date the fabric - but I am guessing you have had it fermenting a while ;-)

Mayleen said...

I think I used the navy version of the brown print with the fern back in my craft show days in the 80's. The blue and pink calico looks very familiar and I might still have some of it in my stash! Memories.

CountryMum said...

Nah... I can't date any of the fabrics, but I can greatly admire the quilt. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

As always, well planned and executed to result in an original beautiful quilt. Maw

KaHolly said...

This quilt is quite stunning! I CAN date the fabric! I love scrappy the best! Well done!

Purple Pam said...

I really like your star quilt with all the squares. I love looking at scrap quilts and finding some fabrics that I have used or that are in my stash. I bet giving Dolly a bath is quite an experience!

Nancy said...

I adore scrappy quilts with a huge variety of fabrics and this one is spectacular, especially with those beautiful stars. I like the colors in your 81-patch block. I wonder what you will do with those blocks....
--Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)