All 50 states, including Hawaii, hit temperatures below freezing last night?
We're at 17 this morning, but no snow thank goodness. Now for those of you in Buffalo, NY, I can recommend a real estate agent who handles rentals if you can dig your way out and want to hide down here for the winter.
Five feet of snow in Buffalo. I can't even imagine.
Now on to last week's news. The sewing room project.
I've been hauling these chairs around for many, many years. My mom painted this one around 1970. Curiously I'm using almost the same color. ,
A thrift store carryall got a new coat.
Spray painting wood is harder than spray painting metal. It takes a deft touch. And yes, I'm allowed to get it on the porch since the porch will be sanded and refinished next spring.
Two chairs are done. Currently waiting for 60 temps to return (hah) so I can complete the third. Gluing them takes the longest.
Oasis Blue by Rust-Oleum. Good stuff, but not cheap.
Stay warm and safe everyone. Please keep a box of ice cream salt handy to sprinkle your elderly neighbor's icy steps and walkway won't you. They can slip and break a hip all to easily on ice.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
3 comments:
cold in N. w. Georgia to, ready for spring already
So glad to see the last of the arctic freeze here! It got up to 50 degrees today and it was absolutely lovely. Stay warm!
LUV those chairs!
Post a Comment