I kept glancing down to verify there were no striped socks or ruby red slippers on my feet.
So I stayed in the A/C room and made more 25 patch blocks, while trying to use up a vast variety of old 2" squares.
Do you see the bright yellow one with the stripe print? If you can date that piece you'll win not 1, but 2 bunnies. AND, you get to pick which ones.
It took FOREVER to find the right alternate square print in my stash. But after several hours of auditioning, I decided on this Marcus miniature. The main color is blue, but it reads gray from a distance.
It's almost done, but not quite. I have plans for a grand finale. Oh yes indeed. Something radical and rather different for me. Pinterest inspires me.
Mother nature is changing her gown of green. Do you see?
And over here by the fence, a few strawberry leaves are just beginning.
So if you too find yourself wearing ruby red slippers and striped socks, know that Ol' Man Winter will be frosting the pumpkins very soon.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .





6 comments:
love patchy quilts like this. I actually am working on the same kind of quilt. Except my squares are 3". Now as far as the bright yellow fabric with stripes. I could not find it. LOL> hmmm. do I just pick a year? LMAO. How about 1995? ;)
am I the winner!? LOL
I like that alternate block fabric. It has definitely been feeling fallish around here and I am seeing some different colors too.
I like your quilt. I think the setting and colors are great.
It's been super hot here too...I've been a hermit for a while now and am getting tons done in the house. Perfect setting fabric for those yummy blocks. I can't believe the colors are starting to change ...it will be a very welcome change.
I'd say the yellow stripe is about 1972
LoVE LOVE LOVE your 25-patch quilt---oh my, yes I do :)
Post a Comment