Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Growing Cinderella's carriage, one rain drop at a time.

These are volunteer pumpkins.
 From a blue/gray pumpkin I bought last year and set out in the compost area.
 After the manure was thrown in, up came many seedlings.  All seem to be coming up white, which I'm very excited about.  I've been wanting to grow white pumpkins for 3 years now.
The first volunteer cantaloupe is almost ready to pick.
This is the leaf /compost bin and the first of 4 pumpkin patches.  Volunteers abound, but no pumpkins are sprouting here as of yet.  The patch furthest down the hill, which gets the most sun, has pumpkins.

Rebecca's babies, 3 weeks old.  They are so cute and curious.  I get to hold them for just a minute every morning.  It makes my whole day.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

2 comments:

Melanie said...

How exciting..... You must be living right!?!?!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Baby bunnies are so cute!!