Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Yes, I realize it's summer . . . .


But the mean ol' flu bug has found me anyway.

It's no fun I tell ya trying to sit quietly and not cough.  It's also as boring as watching wet newspaper dry in the sun.  Only more so.

Book reading is out of the question, my eyelids flutter and close due to the medication.  (whine, whine)

Quilt binding cannot happen, as it's too hot.  (Grumble, grumble.)

Having no recourse, I unearthed my counted cross stitch.  Old projects are being worked on, slowly, very slowly.  This time with glasses.

Yes, it's been that long since I've done any x-stitching.  Will show photos soon.  It's time for some soup and more rest.  (I'm not good at resting . . . whine, grumble, whine, grumble, grumble.)  But this too shall pass.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

4 comments:

barbara woods said...

hope you get better fast

Melanie said...

Positively nothing worse than a summer cold bug. Hope you feel better soon. I have some wool handwork cut out for hot days and porch sitting as well. Love the idea of you cross-stitching too. I struggle with linen threads -- my eyes are old. Always been an Aida girl. Love dying it colors and giving it a primitive look. But I have linen that I am trying to love enough to strain my eyes. Keep in touch when you feel like it.

Quilttiger said...

Hang in there, pal! This shall pass. Sometimes it takes being sick to appreciate how good you feel once a cold or flu is out of the way.

Purple Pam said...

Sorry to read you are sick. Get better soon.