Awhile back, I did a post on "why was everyone wearing camo gear and what exactly were they hiding from?" It seems to be everywhere. Come October, folks walk around Wal-Mart dressed as trees for Heaven's sake. Certainly, none are tall enough to be Ents.
After careful analysis and thoughtful deliberation, I've created my own quilter's camo T-shirts. Unlike the Wal-Mart Ents, I do not wish to hide.
The shirts were soaked in the water solution, then hung on a hanger.
I chose each color of dye and opened one container at a time. Wearing gloves, a mask, apron, etc. I then sprinkled dye powder on the wet shirt. Multiple colors were used.
Depending on how damp the shirt was and how the wind was blowing, decided the dye pattern.
Some were then rolled up in plastic bags and left to cure overnight.
This is my new summer attire, for mowing the lawn, etc.
Even if I stand on the ladder, no one will take me for an Ent!
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .





3 comments:
Oh my goodness. The shirts are so much prettier than the camoflauge. The green one blends in perfect with your yard.
But I like Ents! Your shirts are so pretty - and in such pretty blues. ;-)
Too bad you cannot leave the shirts out all the time on the line....they look like works of art swaying in the wind!
Post a Comment