Yard Work!
On Saturday, I managed to burn a good portion of the south 40. The tall grass is a haven for mice and snakes, so it must come down. Carbon is good for the soil.
In the center section is a growth of very nasty thorny bushes. I'll build a good sized bonfire and then dig up the roots. It's the only thing I can think of, other than getting a goat.
Even Dolly is not exempt from Spring cleaning. She'll be getting a Marine haircut very soon.
We had a low of 32 this morning, which is a vast improvement over last week's 20-degree temps.
Have you ordered your garden seeds yet?
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
3 comments:
How do you contain your fire? Dolly is looking so cute.
Look how adorable Dolly is all grown up! Finally getting a chance to see what you have been up to!
Dolly is looking great and all grown up! Fortunately my hyacinths are beginning to bloom, and I've got irises and tulips and crocuses coming up as well. I've even got a Hosta coming up, and my red maple is budding. I'm *so* needing this spring!
Post a Comment