Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Switching hues


Often at this time of the year when gray skies and dreary days predominate, I pull out my soft Easter colors to liven things up a bit.  However, for now I chose a top that needs finishing.  A simple churn dash block done in 1930s prints surrounded by a frame of solid pink.  I've decided the borders will be solid pink and white triangle units, which should give it a festive air.

I'm so glad the fabric manufacturers make multiple colors in every hue to satisfy my color cravings.  Otherwise I would have had to take up photography or perhaps join the circus.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

5 comments:

Robin said...

What a sweet pink quilt. I agree, it's time to pull out some brighter colors to compensate for the gray skies.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

A nice antidote indeed for the gray days.

Melanie said...

Churn dash blocks are one of my favorite....

Dawn said...

Sweet quilt. Love the colors.
Enjoyed looking throught your posts. We had a pet bunny - sweet little mini lop.

Purple Pam said...

The churn dash block is one of my favorites. If you join the circus who would take care of your furry friends?