Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Border dispute . . .


We're already past Valentine's Day heading into St. Patty's Day and I'm still reorganizing the closet putting back Christmas boxes.  It's a process I tell you.

It seems I was easily distracted by bins containing quilt tops, as well as fabric.  What can I say except that I'm a perpetual organizer.  Seriously, my friends kid me all the time because I stack and fold and move fabric around, but rarely do I find time of late to actually sew anything.

So I thought I'd surprise everyone and put a border on one of the many quilt tops waiting completion.

But there was one little problem  . . . what color???

Once again, I stacked, pinned, unfolded, re-folded and moved around.  It's a syndrome I'm sure.

The only cure being more fabric of course.

Before I ran out to the LQS, I dug a bit deeper looking for a hunter green and instead found a medium blue, leaning towards teal, with just a touch of green.  Ahhh perfect.

Suddenly I realized it was the white intensity which was lacking in the previously auditioned colors.  Is that shade or tint, I can never remember.  I'm just glad I found it before next Christmas.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

2 comments:

Carol said...

That tealy blue is PERFECT!

Melanie said...

I love the teal....