Monday, February 18, 2013
A finish, etc.
This weekend I found myself with a block of time and pulled out left over pieces of quilted jackets I've been saving for 20 years. I trimmed up the sections at 5-1/2" wide, sewed them end to end, divided by 3 and made the top section of the sewing mat. A left over 5" wide piece became the pocket section. The blue front and backing is from left over denim I sewed together to fit. No quilting needed, as the patch sections were already quilted with flannel. Final width is around 26", which is perfect for my featherweight or my Bernina.
On Saturday, I had the pleasure of meeting up with some local gals to work on blocks for Quilts of Valor. Extra blocks are being made and as I understand it, two quilts will be finished and sent to Alycia.
We've been feeling the blast of arctic air since yesterday. This morning we woke up to 20 degrees. Perfect weather to stay inside and sew!
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great quilt for QOV...love your machine mat and perfect that you made it for both machines!
Love the finish! Mat's make a difference. Nothing like quilting friends!!!!
Post a Comment