These blocks will be set on point with a simple border. The muslin is starched heavily for folks to sign. I made up the pattern with simplicity and speed in mind. The muslin squares are cut at 4" and the strips are all 1-3/4" wide. After sewing and starching, the blocks trim down to 6-1/8th inch.
You're welcome to borrow the idea, perhaps you have a family reunion coming up this summer or a wedding.
Caught in the act, here's fuzzy Dolly with my NEW sneaker. Sigh. I'm told puppyhood for Saints ends at around 3 years. Now I know how people feel when they wait for their kids to pass the 2, 4, and 16-year stage. At least I won't have to share the car keys.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . .
5 comments:
Will your quilt have sashing or anything??
Looks like a great plan. I've made a few memory quilts and they are all well loved.
That's a really neat signature quilt idea San! And I know the couple will be thrilled with the newly created memory.
What can I say about Dolly??? LLOL, she's one in a million! Hugs, Finn
P.S. wouldn't it be nice if they sold single shoes for such occasions?
Oh that's going to be such a great memory for your friends. Dolly girl...what can I say?
love the quilt idea! I guess you could get her some shoes to chew on at the thrift store, but they wouldn't be as good...
Your block is wonderful. I have made blocks for party signing, but I like your design much better. There is lots of room for writing, and none of it will be caught in the seam allowances.
Shame on Dolly, shame!
Post a Comment