You can use an assortment of your favorite mixed nuts and it's very easy to make. I used a purchased chocolate pie crust, but I do believe the recipe will work better in a regular 9 inch shell. Beforehand, I baked the nuts for a few minutes in a heavy gauge metal pan to crisp them up a bit.
CHOCOLATE NUT PIE
1 - 9 inch pie shell
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsals
2 cups assorted unsalted nuts
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sprinkle chocolate morsals evenly over bottom of unbaked pie shell. Top with nuts. Lightly whisk eggs with brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla. Pour mixture slowly over nuts.
Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
ENJOY!
Dolly has been with us for just over a year now. As you can see, she has calmed down quite a bit. All chewed sneakers have been replaced, but she did manage to obliterate one new flip-flop recently so we're not over the hill yet, but soon, very soon.
Thanks for sharing the journey . . .
5 comments:
The recipe looks scrumptious, but I need BROCCOLI recipes, not PIE recipes!! Hahahaha...
Such a cute picture of Dolly. She looks like a sweetie.
Oh I"ll be over for pie!!!!
YUM! Sweet girl! She's almost there...ALMOST!
THANKS for this yummy recipe !
Ooooh Dolly, Dolly, she just cracks me up... some more patience and everything will be perfect for both of you ;>)
XOXOXOXOOXXOXOXO
NADINE
It looks lovely - have a piece for me!
Post a Comment