Monday, August 31, 2009

Recipe for a road trip

First pick a fun destination . . . .

Make sure there are plenty of quilts to see . . .

It's important to bring along a friend who actually knows how to read maps . . .

Fit in a class on reproducing Pennsylvania Dutch quilts . . .


And be sure to book a room at a quiet place in the middle of town on the way. (This one happens to be The Shippens Place Hotel in the middle of Shippensburg, PA. They also have a very nice restaurant with great salads. And if you're into buildings with simply wonderful historical architecture, you'll need at least 2 hours for a photo shoot.)

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

5 comments:

antique quilter said...

can't wait to see what you show!!!!!

YankeeQuilter said...

Do tell about the class!

Anonymous said...

I can read maps!

Dorothy said...

Have a great time. Anxious to see your photos.
DH and I hope to get down to Lancaster next month.

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this post? I was just getting on here to check on you and your new home!! Have fun for me too!!