Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rings, but not on my fingers . . .

Does anyone know how to remove inside-the-jar brown rings? They've been through the dishwasher's cycle 3 times now. Vinegar and lemon juice maybe? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Until then, keep stitchin' . . .

10 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

A little steel wool? Blessings, marlene

Ms. Jan said...

Try some gravel or coarse sand or pea rocks in water and swish/shake.
=)
jan

Tracey in CT said...

I'd try a strong bleach/hot water soak.

Knot Garden said...

I'd try some baking soda and an old toothbrush. Baking soda is great for cleaning any hard surface.

sewprimitive karen said...

SOS pad?

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'd scrub them with comet and steel wool. Seems like I have had that happen and that was the fix.
Regina

Meike The Dutchlady said...

I would try baking soda.

Kristin said...

Would it loosen up if you put a denture cleaning tablet in it? If you suspect that the ring is rust, maybe pour some CLR into it and let soak for a few hours, then scrub?

Unknown said...

What about denture cleaning tablets that you dissolve in warm water

Anonymous said...

I have an antique dealer friend that uses denture cleaner. She drops in a tablet, adds water and lets it soak over night. Works really good on vases that you can't get your hand in to scrub.