Sometimes all we need for inspiration is a favorite color and an idea. Leftover muslin pieces called for an experiment in over dying. Combining a LOT of left over muslin in to log cabin blocks is a wonderful way to use it up.
Next to blue, I'd say red is my current favorite color. Why the wide borders? Well for big feather wreaths of course. When will it be quilted? Only my hair dresser knows for sure.
Until then, keep stitchin' . . . . .
11 comments:
Beautiful. Waste not-- want not, right?!?!? It looks like it should be laying under a huge oak tree for an afternoon nap...Great job.
Cool!! Are you going to share how you dyed and with what and how you controlled shades???
(Nosy, huh?) Red is the best, it looks fantastic!
Over-dying a WOW is a fun thing to do also. The results vary from light to dark.
I have never seen a log cabin quilt that I didn't like! There are so many options for color and pattern.
Love the muslin colors, a great idea, you are so creative!
I dig it, I dig it, I dig it!!!
Can you be anymore talented? ;)
*karendianne.
Wow, that's GORGEOUS!!
Perfection!! maw
It's beautiful, San ! And made for such a good cause. I'm sure the recipient will highly appreciate it, and this quilt will become special to him...
Hugs & smiles,
NADINE
OOPS ! My first comment was meant for your last post... So here's one for this wonderful logcabin in red : splendid ! I wold never have imagined it with such a big border and it's absolutely gorgeous and elegant. It gives it a touch of modern look. LOVE it !
XOXOXOXOXO
NADINE
Really love how the muslin had so many shades from the overdying! I love red too...I also love blue...and green...and....
This reminds me, I have a straight furrows (Planned project/UFO)
Can I have a big ole box of time? After tonight's final, MAYBE.
Post a Comment