It seems there were a few left over pieces from a project that needed to be used up.
Following the website guidelines on color and size, I blended as many unique and interesting non-flower prints as possible. Sad as it is, I had to take in to consideration that these quilts are for wounded veterans. This means there's a potential for various stains. On the other hand, I also wanted them to be entertaining. I know if I had to stare at hospital walls for hours at a time, I certainly would want something fun to look at. Thus, I pulled as many prints with cats, cows, sheep, moose, fish, bears, bats, flags, feathers, cherries, santas, flying pigs, and printed words as possible. I guess you could call it an I-spy quilt.
Corners and borders will be added soon. Backings will be assembled from 10-1/2" random squares to add additional interest. Thank goodness someone else will quilt them as I believe I have enough squares left over to do at least 3 more tops.
No doubt you are familiar with the web site, but just in case, here it is: http://www.qovf.org/
Until then, keep stitchin' . . . .
7 comments:
great quilt!!! Someone is really going to be lucky.
Great quilt for a great cause, good for you and good for the soldier who receives it.
Love the colors and pattern!
This reminds me of Laura's border we worked on... she just posted it today... go check it out!!!!
http://www.pineridgequilter.blogspot.com/
What a great job you are doing for a good cause.
This is a great quilt. I love that you fussy cut the fabrics.
Scrappy quilts are so fun. I'm sure this will be appreciated. I have a small quilt that was given to me while I was in the army during Desert Storm. Thanks for helping out a service member.
I really dig all the variety of fabrics and interest you took with this. And thanks for including the link. It was a good thing because not everyone knows about that! :) I'm outta the loop.
Post a Comment